Concetta G. Spirio has advocated for LGBTQ rights since she was an undergraduate in college. As a gay and lesbian divorce attorney, Ms. Spirio believes strongly in the rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered individuals. In many instances, mainstream society has denied basic rights to the LGBTQ community that have been afforded to others. Here are some areas where Ms. Spirio handles:
- Ownership rights in real estate and personal property
- Spousal and domestic partner rights
- Does it matter what state or where you get married
- Separation and divorce
- Estate distribution and inheritance
- Decision making for an ill or incapacitated person
- The right to make funeral arrangements
- The right to act on behalf of a domestic partner’s estate
- Works with the transgender community and offers assistance with name change applications
Whether it is counseling individuals, couples or families, Ms. Spirio understands all the issues pertaining to the hardships the LGBTQ community deals with on a regular basis. She is well versed in strategies that will protect her clients’ rights. It is true that there is legalized marriage in some states, but still, most of the rights afforded to straight couples are denied the LGBTQ community. It is therefore very important to have the an experienced LGBTQ lawyer who knows how to advise you how to properly plan and design strategies and documents to provide for and protect your rights.
Call Today For A No Obligation Consultation
If you have any questions or wish to receive the services of Ms. Spirio, please contact her today. If you want to protect yourself, your partner or your family, and alleviate any concerns about “what could happen”, please call 631-277-8844 today. With your phone call you can learn about the benefits of having an experienced gay and lesbian divorce attorney on your side. This is a no obligation initial consultation with personal service. Serving Long Island, Suffolk and Nassau County. Ms. Spirio is here to fight for you.